[Bnomic-private] Synopsis

Baron von Skippy baronvonskippy@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:38:31 -0400

> > ===================================
> > [A bit about who we are, conversation-style]
> >
> > BvS: To the other longer-running players: Is it just me, or are the
> > newbies coming in better at the game and/or sharper at the tongue
>lately?
> >
> > Glotmorf: Some other Nomic game let out recently?  College students
> > returning to their dorms and accompanying internet access?  Or an
> > amazing number of lurkers who have been watching us for nweeks on
>end...?
> >
> > Orc: For me, try a college kid at home for the summer stumbles upon the
> > game of Nomic, and in 2 days finds B Nomic, that night reads the
>ruleset,
> > and the next day joins the game.  Old and new people, what's your story?
> >
> > bd: I read about calvinball on c2.com wiki. I read about nomic. I want
> > nomic.net. I searched alive games. End of story.
>
>One of my friends returned from vacation, bringing tales of a strange game
>similar to some that I knew but much more freeform. I looked it up, and
>soon
>a face game had started among myself and some associates. Our ruleset,
>however, soon became terminally screwed, and I began to look elsewhere for
>Nomic to play. I found this game on December 10, 5 days after its creation,
>and joined about a week later.

-[[I entered during nweek 6, after hearing a couple of friends of mine
talking about some Nomic game they were playing online. Having a smidge of
experience with the game, I looked around and happened upon B Nomic. Being
foolish, I read the ruleset and joined within one evening, and barely
managed to do anything useful for three nweeks, during which time I managed
to look silly and piss of uin. Ah, good times... then a friend and I came up
with a huge "tech tree" of Gnomes. The rest most of you know. Vote yes on
the PGGB prop!]]-

> > [A summary]
> >
> > Seems like bd ought to be getting a Mithril Buttplate from all the
> > kicking he's getting.  Basically, several people kick him, a lot.
> > Thousands of times, even.  Wonko enjoys it, and BvS points out
> > if bd really could be kicked once for every CFI (it's been called
> > Unbridled Hostility by some), it would be a very interesting way to
> > win (5 points per kick).  Of course, this can't happen, because even
> > if what he did was kickable, you can only get kicked once per forum
> > message.
>
>But we're not kicking em for eir forum message - we're kicking em for
>actions taking therein. E may not be kicked twice for the same action
>taken,
>but the per forum thing is for issues where the kick is delivered not for
>what game action e took, but for what message e sent (for example, if e
>were
>to send an HTML message).
>
>I believe I can kick em 1001 times, once per offensive action taken.
>
>The Baron, however, cannot perform all those kicks, as I already kicked bd
>for all those actions.

-[[But I'm kicking em for a different reason. I claim e took two actions
with each CFI: perpetuating a hoax /and/ being unbridledly hostile. It's
like if I sent a chain letter out in HTML. That would be two Kickable
actions, wouldn't it?]]-

>I would then like to point out that the buttplates rule does not supercede
>the kicking rule; therefore, while bd does gain the attribute 'buttplated',
>it does not stop me from gaining well over 1000 points (5005, to be exact),
>or from gaining the attribute 'Supreme Kicker of Asses'.

-[[And once we're done with Wonko's victory, I win. And get the attribute.
It might also be noted (although I'm not sure I'm right) that 1000 kicks in
the Ass qualifies as 1000 actions, which means Wonko's Entropy will hit 500,
then, post-entropic blowup, mine will. Cue another blowup.]]-

>--
>Wonko

                                                   -BvS-