[Bnomic-private] Re: [spoon-discuss] Too quiet, bd?

Orc In A Spacesuit orcinaspacesuit@hotmail.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 18:10:59 -0500

>From: Wonko <dplepage@twcny.rr.com>
>In explorer, at least, that's a pain in the patooku to read - there's no
>wrapping!

Sorry; the best I can reccomend is copy and paste into Notepad or something.

>The point I was trying to make is, what if we want people to be able to
>exist in multiple physical regions at once?

Remeber this rule defers to others?  If you had a Region (a place with
locations in it) named Wonko's Playground, and you want people to be in it
as well as other places, all you need to say is "Players may occupy one
Location in the Region "Wonko's Playground" in addition to any other
Location(s) permitted by the rules.  If a Player's Location is changed to a
Location other than one in Wonko's Playground, it does not affect the
Location in Wonko's Playground that e is in".

Or just give everybody an(other) avatar that can only be in Wonko's
Playground, and don't let anything else in.

>>>Matrix Dodging is all-new, isn't it?
>>Yup.
>I would suggest, then, that you put it in another proposal. I'm not sure I
>like it the way it's currently written, and I'd hate to have to vote
>against your proposal just because there was one trivial bit that I didn't
>want to pass.

I thought about it, but since it messes with the Throw dynamics, I was going
to try to include a neutered version (nobody can do it), and then just
un-neuter it later with a prop, that way it's less messy.  If you want me
to, I'll remove it, but I would rather fix whatever you have a problem with,
if it's possible.

>Add randonimity then - incorporate Elbonia-Throwing?

I can't Elbonia-Throw anything in the current rules.  It only happens when I
pay for myself, or something lands where it isn't supposed to, pretty much.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current Status: Looking at Dodge-Matrix Style.