[Bnomic-private] Stop me before it's too late...

Glotmorf glotmorf@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:23:18 -0400

I have had a vision.

Imagine a city, perhaps the size of Manhattan, with office buildings,=
 stores, tenements, and perhaps even boroughs and subways.

Imagine the rules to a Nomic game are businesses of varying sizes=
 (depending on the size and/or complexity of the rule), with offices in the=
 city.

Imagine the tradable items in the game are available in the stores.

Imagine entities have homes in the tenements.

Now imagine editing the rules by breaking into the rules' offices and=
 trashing them.  Changing the availability of items by robbing,=
 vandalizing, running protection rackets on or even buying the stores.=
  Players can be spied on, and possibly robbed, by black-bag operations at=
 their homes.

You don't necessarily know that a given rule has a given office.  The=
 business that represents the rule may have a name, a mission, a=
 product/service line, etc. that hints at the rule, but nothing anywhere=
 says Rule 15 is in Suite 215 at 5th and 47th.  And there are other=
 businesses that serve as red herrings, including ones that seem to compete=
 with the actual rule businesses.  Possibly you can start businesses like=
 that to throw off other players.  And businesses may move around as their=
 office space needs change.

Nuking the city Just Isn't Allowed.

Is this as off the wall as it sounds to me?  Is it desirable?  Is it even=
 possible?  Has it...been done?

						Glotmorf