[Bnomic-private] ok

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:46:50 -0400

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 8/18/02 at 9:58 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:
>
>>> Welcome to Orc and Squire-- you've found yourselves smack in the middle
>> of
>>> the most exciting Nomic this side of anywhere!
>> -[[Most exciting, nuttiest, least sensible, and second most chaotic.]]-
>
> Well, there are candidates for some of those individually...collectively, I'm
> not so sure...
>
> Nomopoly I'd rate as chaotic.  Nuttiest...I forget if it was a Masonic or
> Rosicrucian Nomic, that featured secret wisdom and layered dogma.  Most
> exciting...I saw a reference to something called Nomic: the Masquerade; dead
> now, but...for how long?
>
> I might go with least sensible, though.  Hell, I'll even take partial credit.

I'd rate FRC as the most chaotic - anything where anyone can change the
rules just by saying so has to get that.

Nuttiest I'd give to the Nomicrucians for their rules such as :

*All new initiates must wear a different colored sock on each foot for a
period of forty days.

*November 23 shall now be known as "Invite A Stranger To Bathe" Day.

*No one may quote from the classic Japanese film "Tokyo Decadence" before
12:00 A.M. PST. in any conversation.

*The phrase "Mysteries of the Universe" should always be typed in
capitalized letters.

*Fruit with the letters y or s in the name shall not be consumed on any
Thursdays or Sundays nor on the first Monday after the full moon.

Exciting, now, there's a tough category. I'm tempted to agree with Glotmorf
on this one, though I haven't found enough records from Nomic: the
Masquerade to know for sure, but on the grounds that it's based on Vampire,
and the grounds that Imperial Nomic is always more exciting (well, almost
always), I'd nominate it as well.

Least sensible goes to the face game I played last year.

--
Wonko