[Bnomic-private] Stop me before it's too late...

Glotmorf glotmorf@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:30:45 -0400

On 8/22/02 at 8:55 AM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> It's not just physical locations, BTW.  Think physical manifestations.
>> Imagine, for example, that the Gremlin rule was, say, an employment
>agency or
>> a theatrical agent.  That the Grid rule was the city planner's office, a
>> mapmaking company or a realtor.  That the voting rule was a government
>office,
>> a consumer survey company or the local office of the ACLU.
>
>But nobody knows which companies are which until they break in and see...
>Ooo, and if you can find the rule that says you can't change the rules
>without finding them, you could change it to let you (and only you) change
>any rule at will...
>
>I would say that if you plan on a Nomic in which rules have such physical
>manifestations, it'd be far better (and easier) to make it a MUD Nomic.
>
>> I daresay we're taling massive.  It might actually be easier to find,
>say,
>> some existing and viable MORPG somewhere and do the parasite thang.
>>

>I don't believe I've ever come across the acronym MORPG before... what is
>that?

It's actually more often MMORPG -- Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying=
 Game.  Ultima Online, Everquest, Mankind, etc.  Aside from the commercial=
 ones, there are also some private, small-press games operating and under=
 development.  Then there's things like Neverwinter Nights that allow one=
 to build one's own realm and attach it to the hub.

Okay, so far they're graphic MUDs.  Or MUXs, if you allow the players to=
 build their own stuff.  But at least if there's a gaming environment that=
 supports the existence of the buildings, that's one less thing an admin=
 would have to do...

						Glotmorf