[Bnomic-private] Random thoughts...

David E. Smith dave@technopagan.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:14:58 +0000 (GMT)

The Pause is at 3 right now. There's still time for Refresh proposals, if
anyone has any zany ideas.

I retract my Refresh proposal, by the way. The others out there seem to
have things well in hand.

I also present the following, which I was gonna mail separately, but then
I realized that the above was only like five lines and there's no point
wasting valuable electrons on a separate email. :-)

This is an idea, and probably a very bad one. I'll propose it as soon as
Normality has been restored, just so it can be voted down and we can
confirm how incredibly bad an idea it is.

Actually, Item 1 isn't that bad an idea, but that'll be outdone by Item 2.
In fact, Item 2 will likely cause shock and revulsion.

{{ __The Worst Thing Since Sliced Bread__

This is an A La Carte Proposal.

Item 1:

{{

Create a new rule:

{{ __Gold Stars__

There exist Objects called Gold Stars.

Gold Stars may be awarded by the Administrator to any player, at any time.
A player may own any number of Gold Stars. Gold Stars may not be
transferred between players or removed from a player's possession by any
means except those explicitly stated in this rule. This rule takes
precedence over every other rule in this regard.

Each Gold Star has, associated with it, a Date of Issue.

At the start of the voting period in the third nweek following the Date of
Issue for a given Gold Star, that Gold Star ceases to exist.

[[ i.e. whether you get it on 22.1 or 22.9, it'll still expire at 24.8 ]]

}}

Replace the text of Rule 212 with the following:

{{

Each player is limited to a maximum of 5 proposals per nweek. This rule
does not apply to any player that has a Gold Star.

}}

}} [[ end of item 1 ]]

[[ and now the REALLLLLLLLY UGLY part... ]]

Item 2:

{{

Create a new rule:

{{ __Make Propo$al$ FA$T__

Any player may, at any time, pay Five US dollars to the Administrator in
exchange for a Gold Star. The Gold Star shall be issued to the paying
player at the beginning of the nweek following receipt of payment. If
payment is received during the first two days of an nweek, the
Administrator may, at eir discretion, issue the Gold Star immediately.

Players may purchase Gold Stars on behalf of other players, by requesting
such when payment is made. Players may pay in advance, requesting that
Gold Stars be issued at a specific point in the future, by requesting such
when payment is made.

}}

Append the following to Rule 206 [[ Garbage Collection ]] :

{{

This rule does not apply to any player that has a Gold Star.

}}

Append the following to the second paragraph of Rule 205 [[ Leaves of
Absence ]] :

{{

A player that has a Gold Star may not be placed on Forced Leave. E may
still voluntarily choose to go On Leave.

}}

Append the following to the end of the list in Rule 26 [[ New Players ]] :

{{

One Gold Star, issued as of the date e became a Player

}}

}} [[ end of item 2 ]]

}}