[Bnomic-private] Random thoughts...

David E. Smith dave@technopagan.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 23:36:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

> I'm not totally repulsed by this, but I think it needs work.

You're not? Damn. I'll have to try harder. :-)

> I don't
> for example agree with being able to spend RL money to submit an
> infinite number of proposals, since proposals give points and points
> give victory.

Nope, *good* proposals give points. Stupid proposals just waste everyone's
time, and cost points when they're failed.

> Other things, though, like garbage collection, might be negotiable.
> I'd suggest buying time (the Everquest model) rather than lifetime
> membership.

That was actually the intent -- that's why Gold Stars expire after three
nweeks.

The "Garbage Collection" clause was just an afterthought, really.

Proposals and new rules are easily the most time-consuming thing in this
game (especially since, once sanity is restored, we have ministers for a
lot of the minor details). The idea, roughly, is that everyone can have a
bit of my finite supply of time for free (i.e. 5 proposals per nweek,
unless your name is Glotmorf and you invent massively complex rules to
avoid this limitation *cough*m-tek*cough*); if you're willing to
compensate me in a very minimal manner, you can have some more of my time.

It was something I came up with at work yesterday, wrote down on a legal
pad, and probably should have thrown away on the spot. But, at least,
it'll hopefully spur some discussion...

...dave