[Bnomic-private] NWEEK 22 BALLOT

Glotmorf glotmorf@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:18:55 -0400

On 9/11/02 at 4:12 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 22:
>
>Proposal 943/0: Precipitation (The Voice)

No.  Still uncomfortable with the rain-o'-fire thang.

>Proposal 951/1: Cleaning Up After Wonko's Cleanup (M-Tek)

Yes.

>Proposal 952/0: Nweek 22 Insta-Prop (House Grem)

Yes.

>Proposal 953/0: Cleaning Up (bd)

Yes.

>Proposal 954/0: Insider trading is illegal (bd)

No.  Tempting, but no.  Tyranny of the Majority is a poor precedent to set.

>Proposal 955/0: Nseasons, v.2 (The Voice)

No.  A do-nothing.  Besides, "Grinps" is hard to pronounce. :)

>Proposal 956/0: He Had Killer Charm. Well... Winning Charm (The Voice)

Abstain.  Giving up on the point win, are we?

>Proposal 957/0: Less is More: The Ruleset (bd)

No.  A do-nothing; it reflects the status quo.

>Proposal 958/3: Wealth Control (Athena)

No.  Prop 965 takes care of this.

>Proposal 959/0: A Little More: Ministries (The Administrator)

Yes.  And how about "The Zurich Gnome"?

>Proposal 960/0: What the Hell is an Agent? (Mithrandir)

No.  Iffy, given societies, since there are both player-initiated and=
 non-player-initiated society actions.

>Proposal 961/0: Yesterday's News (Mithrandir)

Yes.

>Proposal 962/0: Solving one of the Quest's Problems (Mithrandir)

Yes.

>Proposal 963/0: Oh Yes, You'll Pay (Mithrandir)

Abstain.  I don't like poor-get-poorer rules, but if one is, for some=
 reason, spectacularly successful with shillings but not with points this=
 could be seen as a participation fee.

>Proposal 964/0: There was Something Else... Oh Yeah, a Scapegoat!
>(Mithrandir)

Yes.

>Proposal 965/0: Night of the Living Dead Stock Market (M-Tek)

Yes.  This fixes Wonko's scam.

>Proposal 966/1: Graves, Make That my New Motto (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.  I love being quoted. :)

>Proposal 967/1: Healthy Competition, My Ass (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.  But you'll hear from my lawyer regarding the lab.

>Proposal 968/1: And now, the Dramatic Conclusion (Baron von Skippy)

No.  This has the potential of buying a win.

>Proposal 969/4: The Game is Afoot! I'll Take "Anal Bum Covers" for 7,000
>		(Baron von Skippy)

No.  This is a license to sin.

>Proposal 970/0: Eddie's in the Space-Time Continuum (Baron von Skippy)

Yes, but only because it's absurd.

>Proposal 971/1: untitled champagne proposal (Squire of Dimness)

Yes.  Personally I think the rules already cover this, but if it'll shut=
 down those CFIs once and for all...

>Proposal 972/0: Marching through Wall Street (Glotmorf)

Yes.

>Proposal 973/0: Public Exposure (Glotmorf)

Yes.

>Proposal 974/0: Bad Dog! (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No.  Status quo.  I don't think even Nevada allows this.

>Proposal 975/0: Towel Racks (bd)

Yes.

>Proposal 976/0: These Titles Ought To Last (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes.

>Proposal 978/0: Can't Touch This (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No.  This goes beyond the entertainment value aspect.

>Proposal 979/0: This Wasn't In My Job Description... (Glotmorf)

Yes.

>Proposal 980/0: A bit of Exorc. (Wonko)

No.  I could see a win happening because of an event that happened (2=
 nweeks - 1 nday) prior to the win being claimed, and the win being claimed=
 on nday 10 of a nweek, so that unless something was done RIGHT THEN the=
 win couldn't be fought with a CFI. (I could even see me doing it.)

>Proposal 981/0: A bit more Exorc. (Wonko)

No.  Force Absorbing is the only defense I'm aware of against other Force=
 effects, and Wonko is currently the highest-level Force wielder.

>Proposal 982/0: A little more (Wonko)

No.  If we can allow rules to refer to objects that don't exist yet, we can=
 allow rules to refer to objects that don't exist at the moment.  Or=
 players can profit from deleting the reference.

>Proposal 983/0: And finally... (Wonko)

No.  I like tax-the-rich rules, even though I'm a leading customer of them.=
  It at least makes the leaders work a little harder for their wins.

>Proposal 984/0: Fixing the Stock Market (Wonko)

No.  My stock market fixes make this obsolete.

>Proposal 985/0: Ambassador Biweekly (Athena)

No.  "No news this week" would be worth 20 points.  Need a better metric.

>Proposal 986/0: The World is An Atheist's Temple (Athena)

No.  I take the Dante view.  Make Eddie's temple in Limbo.

>Proposal 987/0: Lord of the Stock Scam (Athena)

Yes.  If only because We Must Never Forget...

>Proposal 989/0: Mutations BAD! Krunk smash! (bd)

No.  Try a judgment prop next time.

						Glotmorf