[Bnomic-private] Proposal: Bandwidth

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:40:38 -0400

{{
__Fixing the Bandwidth__

[[
I was looking through the ruleset, searching for an open hole,
When I stumbled 'cross a rule that was intriguing to behold...
This rule was numbered two-one-two, it tried to regulate
The number of proposals which each player could create.

But alas, for our dear admin, this rule's purpose was defeated,
By another of the rules, which had poor two-twelve superceded!
This rule, which we call rule nineteen, doomed two-twelve to disposal,
By stating that all Players have the right to make proposals!

So rule two-twelve was contradicted, and was overruled,
By rule ninteen! (which was enforced by rule three-three slash two!)
And so while we have tried proposals many to prohibit,
It turns out the sad truth is that there is no Bandwidth Limit!

This hole I had discover'd, I found to be quite scary -
To think that our poor admin in proposals might be buried!
And so I now have written a proposal most preventive,
I hope when voting comes around you all will be assentive!

This is how it goes:
]]
Amend rule 212 to be:
{{
__Bandwidth__

Each player has an attribute called Bandwidth. No player's Bandwidth may
never exceed 10.
At the beginning of each nweek, each player's bandwidth becomes 5.
When a player makes a proposasl, eir bandwidth decreases by one.
When a player makes a 1/2 proposasl, eir bandwidth decreases by 1/2 instead.

If a player attempts to make a proposal, but the making of such a proposal
would decrease eir bandwdith to less than zero, the proposal is not made.

This rule supercedes rule 19.
}}
Amend rule 256, Section B.3, by replacing the text

"The player who holds the Token of Proposals may make one more proposal than
is allowed under the current ruleset. Immediately after eir extra proposal
is recognized by the Administrator, the Token of Proposals is automatically
returned to the Bandwidth Gremlin."

with

"The bandwidth of a player holding the Token of Proposals is treated as if
it were one greater than it would be if e did not have the Token of
Proposals. At the end of each nweek, the Token of Proposals is transferred
to the Bandwidth Gremlin's possession."

Amend section B.10 of the same rule by replacing the text

"When a player is Burnt, e may make one fewer proposal then e would normally
be able to."

with

"The bandwidth of a Burnt player is treated as if it were one less than it
would be if e were not Burnt."

}}

--
Wonko