[Bnomic-private] Re: Forum and Admin, Announcement of Gamestate

Daniel Lepage bnomic-private@ysolde.ucam.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:52:24 -0500

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 09:26 PM, SkArcher wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:07:30 -0500, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> Usually, first-round voting solves the problem, so we'll probably be
>> done as of the 23rd.
>>
>> Does anyone have any objections to this?
>>

> No
>
> Questions: How many SoEs have there been in the game, why and when?

Well, nweek 1 was basically a SoE without r0... the first real one
happened during the DimShips crisis, when a wording difficulty resulted
in many dimensions being undefined, such as our Entropies; the game
might have been in a state of perpetual apocalypse, or maybe in a state
of perpetual "Wonko wins"; we weren't sure, so we went on emergency
mode.

It happened again, I think, when I won from the Gnome Scam - another
four or five players immediately copied me, and we were in danger of
the clock going off for two wweeks or so, with a lot of apocalypse in
between. So we Recognized then, too.

I thought there was a third, but I don't remember the whys or
wherefores... if the records were up I could find out, but they aren't.

To get the nweeks of any of those, I'd need to check the list archives.

--
Wonko