[Bnomic-private] I came, I saw, I kicked back and reached for the Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider

Glotmorf glotmorf@earthlink.net
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:17:11 -0400

I thank Wonko for pointing the list out to me...lost it in my email=
 archive.  Y'all can thank him yerselves later after I've started getting=
 on yer nerves...

Couple things from reading the list...

If OiaB's The Prop is gonna cover everything, OiaB's The Prop is never=
 going to get done.  This is because everything routinely changes on a=
 dekaday basis.  If it doesn't, I'm sure a few enterprising people would be=
 happy to contribute to make it change, just to keep someone writing eir=
 The Prop on eir toes.

Regarding automating everything with scripts, unified databases,=
 error-checking web forms, etc: see above.

Okay, I'm not being fair on that one.  I hear, every once in a while, that=
 Dave has actually, God help him, automated it all, has actually written=
 code to do everything (even House Grem), and actually maintains it on an=
 nweekly basis.  Despite our efforts, and our overrides of his vetos.  But=
 it can't be easy, and there might be an alternative in the form of modular=
 development: each ministry constitutes its own code and database dependent=
 on the central database.  Which will work fine as long as the ministry=
 crossovers don't get too terribly radical.  It's what I'm doing now with=
 the Insta-Ministry.  Now, if I can only find the time to finish the=
 code...

						Glotmorf