[Bnomic-private] Re: [spoon-discuss] Too quiet, bd?

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:47:23 -0400

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> Well, you did a nice reply, and so did Glotmorf, but you used the old
> version.  The latest (but still incomplete) version is at
> http://comp.uark.edu/~jas29/nomic/
> and is a combination of uber-prop_new-rules.txt,
> uber-prop_repeals+revisions.txt, and uber-prop_new-grid.txt.
> uber-prop_summary.txt is an in-progress summary of actual changes, and is
> far from finalized.

In explorer, at least, that's a pain in the patooku to read - there's no
wrapping!

> Here are a few specific responses:
>
>> If a physical object can be in only one location, that means that if
>> DimSpace is defined to be a Physical Region, players could not occupy both
>> DimSpace location and a GridSpace Location. That's bad.
>
> Well, this rule defers to that imaginary DimSpace one.  I have thought of a
> much better way to do DimSpace, without all the confusing Location stuff
> getting mixed in.  All I need if for you guys to say you want Dimensions,
> and it's in.

The point I was trying to make is, what if we want people to be able to
exist in multiple physical regions at once?

>> I've been trying for a long time to come up with something to do with Quake
>> .  Any ideas?
>
> Yes, I have it completely worked out in my mind.  Why do you think I
> included the (currently useless) Action, Dodge Matrix-Style?  Were gonna
> play MatrixNomiQuake and Jedi Football!

Oooh.... That could get interesting if I finish with Speeder Warfare...

>> Nevermind, I've just had a few... Has anyone here ever played 'Worms'?
>
>> If you have, think about what might come of mixing a Sheep Gnome with a
>> Bomb
>> Gnome...
>
> Yes.  I am considering adding more Gnome possibilities when I streamline the
> whole Gnome thing.

And if you give it a towel for its cape, you get a super-sheep!

>> Matrix Dodging is all-new, isn't it?
>
> Yup.

I would suggest, then, that you put it in another proposal. I'm not sure I
like it the way it's currently written, and I'd hate to have to vote against
your proposal just because there was one trivial bit that I didn't want to
pass.

>>> Action: Launch
>> So, same as Throw, but 1 nday longer? Why not just allow Throwing >things
>> to specify a time?
>
> This is suppossed to represent just tossing something up really high in the
> air, and having it land randomly.  I wanted to do that in-game, and I
> figured I would make it possible.

Add randonimity then - incorporate Elbonia-Throwing?

--
Wonko