[Bnomic-private] Stop me before it's too late...

The Voice nomicvoice0@hotmail.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:57:22 -0400

>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@earthlink.net>
>I have had a vision.

Oh crap...

>Imagine a city, perhaps the size of Manhattan, with office buildings,
>stores, tenements, and perhaps even boroughs and subways.
>
>Imagine the rules to a Nomic game are businesses of varying sizes
>(depending on the size and/or complexity of the rule), with offices in the
>city.
>
>Imagine the tradable items in the game are available in the stores.
>
>Imagine entities have homes in the tenements.
>
>Now imagine editing the rules by breaking into the rules' offices and
>trashing them.  Changing the availability of items by robbing, vandalizing,
>running protection rackets on or even buying the stores.  Players can be
>spied on, and possibly robbed, by black-bag operations at their homes.
>
>You don't necessarily know that a given rule has a given office.  The
>business that represents the rule may have a name, a mission, a
>product/service line, etc. that hints at the rule, but nothing anywhere
>says Rule 15 is in Suite 215 at 5th and 47th.  And there are other
>businesses that serve as red herrings, including ones that seem to compete
>with the actual rule businesses.  Possibly you can start businesses like
>that to throw off other players.  And businesses may move around as their
>office space needs change.
>
>Nuking the city Just Isn't Allowed.
>
>Is this as off the wall as it sounds to me?  Is it desirable?  Is it even
>possible?  Has it...been done?
>
>						Glotmorf

You have stumbled upon an interesting idea, Mr. Morf.  Now the question is,
can it work?  I don't think it's been done, so if you want to be first, I
suggest you get of your "Rock On Top Of A Mountain Where I Sit To Get
Visions (TM)" and actually get out and do it.

Or at least, do it somewhere else.  This game is complicated enough. :)

-0-THE VOICE-0-