[Bnomic-private] it's all gone to HELL

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:05:54 -0400

Quoth Baron von Skippy,

>> I issue, retroactively, and in blatant defiance of "Thou Shalt Not Screw
>> With Time," Writs of Delay, one per day for every day of the past week
>> (not nweek).
> -[[Do the rules say you're subject to them?]]-

The rules say that everyone's subject to them, but I'm not about to object
to the admin's actions. And if nobody objects, the Statute of Limitations
brings the game back to where it would be if it had been legal. Wheee!

And if anyone does object, I will personally propose to kick the shit out of
them.

>> I've moved again, I'm on a dialup, I'm broke, I'm homeless, I'm hungry,
>> I'm pissed. I've got things on my mind right now that I consider to be far
>> more important than this game (apologies to Glotmorf, who seems to either
>> have a slavish devotion or WAY too much time on eir hands :).
> -[[We need to get that whole thing about Respecting the Admin worked
> out...]]-

Don't we have it worked out? I mean, it's not actually written in the
ruleset anywhere, but that doesn't mean we can't have respect for the admin
anyway. I have tremendous respect for Dave - he's kept the game running all
this time despite the ever-increasing complexity of the ruleset, and I don't
think any of the rest of us could do that half as well as Dave does. Sure,
r0 says we can deal with the sudden abscence of our admin, but I really
don't think we could - none of us could do what Dave does. Don't get me
wrong - I'm not belittling all us players, but the things Dave has done to
keep this game going are frankly astounding.

We don't need the ruleset to tell us to respect em. We already do.

--
Wonko