[Bnomic-private] sigh

David E. Smith dave@technopagan.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 04:36:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>  It appears to be lots of hassle to actually add money to a PayPal
> account since I'm in the UK and have no credit-card, however if I read
> the site right, then if you recommend me and I join up then we both
> get $5 credited to our accounts, and I can then donate that to you.
> (assuming they give out the $5 bonus to international customers).

First off, I shouldn't have ranted in the way I ranted. I'd like to
apologize to everyone for my inappropriate statements of earlier today.

Anyway, it's not that easy by a long shot. The bonus only applies after
you get some money in their system.

Here's what you'd have to do (from their Web site):

     * Sign up for an international PayPal account
     * Confirm their email address
     * Add a credit card
     * Confirm their PayPal Membership
     * Send a single payment of at least $250 with their PayPal account

(If you're based in the US, the requirements are pretty much the same,
except the $250 can come from your checking account instead of a credit
card.)

...dave