[Bnomic-private] in other news...

David E. Smith dave@technopagan.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 04:59:11 +0000 (GMT)

If Joel can't get back online in the next week or so, I'll suggest we go
for another one of those legendary States of Emergency.

Here's the limitations and possible problems thereof:

* I can get Web hosting, and I can move the B Nomic site around. I should
be able to "piggyback" it onto one of my other sites, so it'll be
effectively free. Maybe like a dollar a month.

* I have a dump of the database as of a couple hours before Joel
disappeared, which means the roster, ruleset, all recognized proposals,
and the Grid will survive intact.

* Anything maintained by a Ministry, on the Web server, disappeared.
Fortunately, the ministers should have good backups for those things. The
Gnome ministry should be in good hands, as its Minister was keeping eir
own records anyway. The Gremlins and Bank records will be lost, but those
are easy enough to fix -- just randomize the Gremlins, and fix the Bank
(which desperately needs to be done anyway). The Insta-Ministry, well, it
was on the same Web server, so I dunno what will become of it.

I'm reading the Uber Prop now. This is fscking scary. Any attempt to use
the Uber Prop in a Refresh Prop, should it come to that, will be met with
my sledgehammer (the same one I'm using to club Mr. Thousand CFIs, and
no, this isn't one of those big foam Triple H hammers, this one will be
legit).

(Re: the Uber Prop: I'd have to brush up on my JavaScript to do it exactly
as diagrammed. It'd be trivial to do it as a couple separate forms (login,
then action, then targets). Either way, though, it's scary.)

...dave

---- David E. Smith   (Currently homeless in Oregon)
http://www.technopagan.org/     http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/        http://whatIsay.com/