[Bnomic-private] CFI -- Prop 958

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:36:01 -0400

[[I hate to do this, but hey, that's what the rules say. *sigh* There goes
4.8 mill. :-( ]]

Quoth Glotmorf,

> I make the following CFI:
>
> Statement:
>
> Voting in favor of Proposal 958 is in violation of Rules 897 and 636;
> therefore, affirmative votes for Proposal 958 cannot be counted.
>
> Analysis:
>
> Shillings are objects.  Wonko's shillings are in Wonko's possession.  Rule 897
> says "B Nomic Shillings may only be manipulated as specified in the rules."
> Rule 636 says "no player may modify the state of any object in possession of
> another player, without the other player's explicit permission in a public
> forum."  Wonko did not give permission in a public forum for eir shillings to
> be modified.  Therefore, it is illegal for any player to vote in favor of a
> proposal that modifies Wonko's shillings, e.g. by transferring them to the
> Bank.

Rule 15 states that "When a proposal passes, the following effects occur in
order:
*<snip>
* The effects specified in the proposal occur in the order listed in the
proposal. "

It supercedes rule 897, therefore proposing to manipulate shillings is
legal.

As for rule 636, the act of voting does not modify the shillings, it
modifies the player's vote (andz possibly also the proposal - that's subject
to interpretation). The actual modification of my shillings is performed by
rule 15 when it implements the proposal, and thus rule 636 doesn't get in
the way.

--
Wonko