[Bnomic-private] Proposal: Admin Abils

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:39:48 -0400

[[ Wow, writing proposals under the influence of it being 2 in the morning.
Gotta love it! I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the
'story' in these, but I figure now that I've written it, I might as well
propose it. It actually interests me somewhat... I must muse on this.]]

{{
__Cleanliness__

[[
Fred turned and squinted away in the distance.
He furrowed his brow.
"Hey, Bob?"
"Yeah, Fred?"
"Whaddaya reckon those big black things down there are?"
He pointed at an odd discoloring on the ground near the horizon.
"Dunno, Fred. They look like curly brackets."
"Yeah, that's what I thought, Bob. You know what?"
"What?"
"We're in a proposal."
"WHAT?"
"We're in a proposal, Bob."
"What're we doing in a proposal?"
"I have no idea."
There was a whoosing in the distance, as of something moving very fast.
Something big, black, and curly came ofer the horizon.
"What in Limbo is that?!?"
"Look out! It's the Text!"
]]

Add to the list in rule XXXX of what the admin is empowered to do the
following text:

[[
"Whew! That was close!"
"Did you see that colin at the end of it, Bob? That means it can't possibly
be over! Stay down!"
]]

*Amend the text of any rule to add, in comments, a note of clarification
indicating the result of a CFI pertaining to the interpretation of that rule

[[
"Is it over, Fred?"
"I dunno, Bob. I don't see anything, but it's not unusual to have two,
three, or even four or five things to add to a list in a proposal. I'd keep
my head down, if I were you."
Bob got up and looked around.
"But it looks clear. I don't see anyth-"
]]

*Amend the text of any rule by removing fragments of comment left in the
rule by a Literary Form proposal.

[[
Bob looked up into Fred's face. Both of them.
"Wha... What happened?"
"You got nailed by another list item, Bob! I told you to stay down. Those
things move by like the dickens!"
"Sorry, Fred."
"Hey, look!"
"What?"
"It looks like more curly braces! We're leaving the proposal!"
"What happens to us then, Fred?"
"I dunno, Bob. We go out of scope, I guess."
"That sounds bad, Fred."
"It might very well be."
Bob threw his hands into the air.
"THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR! REPENT!"
"Bob?"
"Yes, Fred?"
"Shut up, Bob."
"Okay, Fred."
And with that, the proposal ended.
]]
}}

{{
__More Cleanliness__
[[
"Fred?"
"Yeah, Bob?"
"It's happening again."
"What's happening ag-"
]]

Add to the list in rule XXXX of what the admin is empowered to do the
following:

[[
"Ow...."
Fred rubbed his jaw and winced.
"I tried to warn you, Fred."
"Shut up, Bob"
"Look, there's more!"
They ducked.
]]

*Amend the text of any rule so as to clarify an ambiguity in such a way as
to enforce a Judge's decision regarding a CFI.

[[
"I'm think I'm getting annoyed, Bob."
"THE END IS NEAR! I HAVE SEEN THE CLOSE BRACKETS! IT IS THE END!"
"Okay, Bob, I was wrong. *NOW* I'm annoyed!"
WHACK!
"Ow! What'd you do that for, Fred?"
"Shut up, Bob."
"Oh."