[Bnomic-private] Fwd: Refreshments

Glotmorf bnomic-private@ysolde.ucam.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:15:58 -0500

On 17 Dec 2003 at 8:37, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> > Excuse me.  Both of these societies belong to me.  One of them
> > (I can't remember which offhand, but I believe it's Athena's
> > Society) currently serves as a tontine by way of its charter
> > wording. (A tontine is a Survivor-style partnership, in which
> > the last living participant gets it all.)
> >
> > I would dislike either of these being destroyed willy-nilly.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, a Tontine requires that there be some sort
> of prize for the last living participant. Athena's Society has no
> resources - no points, no bandwidth, no BNS, not even the now-defunct
> RUs. There is no way it could function as a Tontine in any meaningful
> way, AFAICT.

Like I said, it's in the charter wording.  The charter
requires players who are about to be GCd to transfer all eir
points to the remaining members.  This applied to Mr. in a
Spacesuit.

What have I got...an hour and a half?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower