[Bnomic-private] Re: Actions

Norinel bnomic-private@ysolde.ucam.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:44:21 -0400

On Thursday, September 16, 2004, at 12:55 AM, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> At the same time, there's not much fun in letting scams like this
> appear and just letting everybody claim a billion wins. I'd prefer
> that the number of wins each player has reflect the number of clever
> things e's done, not the number of clever things e's been around to
> mimic.

Or winning could be based on something besides scams. But that's a
philosophy thing.

> I can see a couple ways to do this, each with its pros and cons:

My idea for scam patenting/stopping is if a definable scam circumstance
occurs (Like, say, the same player wins twice in one nday), most of the
gamestate resets to exactly the way it was the day before the last
completed Voting Period. Of course, that could be a logistical
nightmare, and a formal proposal'd need to define "most", and stuff.

-Norinel