[Bnomic-private] One more on automation

Orc In A Spacesuit orcinaspacesuit@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:04:10 -0500

At this time, I have done enough on my own with semi-automation that I only
need one thing: A single web page with a few drop-down boxes, a couple text
boxes, and a command button.  When a certain one of the drop-down boxes
changes, the list items in the others change, based on a database query.
When the command button is clicked, all the contents of everything are sent
to the computer with the database.  That's all I need; I can do all the
automation scripts myself.  The scripts don't need to be online, as only the
Admin can give the OK to run them.

I have provided a graphic example of what I need at:
http://comp.uark.edu/~jas29/nomic/make_me_this.jpg
If you go to that, minus the filename, you will find lots of stuff,
including failed attempts at the page described above.  Anything with the
name uber-prop_... is about that; everything else relates to the automation.
  If anyone can make the page, please do it.  It doesn't matter how the
contents are sent back when the command button is clicked; for all I care it
could send an email with the binary values of everything.  It doesn't
matter.  Just as long as it gets to the admin's comp, everything's peachy.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current Status: Standing behind bd and setting his OrcishSpacesuit AutoMotor
Controls to Auto-Kick.