[Bnomic-private] Re: [spoon-discuss] Too quiet, bd?

Wonko dplepage@twcny.rr.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:35:38 -0400

Okay, this is based on the draft you sent out. A lot of the spelling and
grammar points I mention have probably already been fixed, but just in case=
,
they're all here. I'm certain that not all of the things I object to are
fixed in the currently posted version.

> Well, here goes, and remember, you have bd to blame for sending this
> incomplete mess to you...

I'd kick em again, but I'm tired of kicking the same person over an over
again... Somebody else do something stupid ;)

> I make the following proposal, which aims to clear ambiguities, fix
> loopholes, and standardize the whole grid/object/entity/buy thing.  It is=
> fixed up rule followed by a repeal/revise list of other rules so that the=
> conform to this, and eliminate redundancy.  I do this to clear things up =
and
> make way for more Goodieness=99.
> {{
> I propose the following rules:
> {{__Objects__
> Preamble:  The following words are capitalized in this Rule to show that
> they have special meaning.  In all references outside this Rule, these wo=
rds
> need not be capitalized.  These words are: Rule, Object, Property, Value,
> Type, items in quotes, and the plural versions of those.  Any reference t=
> one of those words between '<' and '>' indicate that one of the word betw=
een
> the <> should be subsituted.  This Rule and all parts of it defers to all
> Rules or parts of Rules that do not say they defer to this Rule, unless
> otherwise specified.  IF a rule supercedes this rule, all parts not
Otherwise specified by this rule, you mean?
> specifcally superceded or contradicted are still in effect.

specifcally -> specifically

> A. Definition
> In this game, there are Objects.  All Objects have Properties.  Propertie=
> have Values.  An Object may only have a Property defined in a Rule, and
> Property may only have a Value defined in a Rule.  Also, Objects, Propert=
ies
> of Objects and Values of Properties may not be modified, removed, added o=
> redefined except as stated in a Rule.  No Values may be over 255 characte=
rs
> in length.  In the case of a Value being a deliniated list, each item in =
the
> list may not be over 255 characters, and the list as a whole is unlimited=
.
> If a list contains 2 or ore identical values, then all but the first of
ore -> more
> those values is removed, unless specified otherwise.  If a Property has a
> default value, then that default Value if assigned to that Value upon
> creation of that object, unless specifed otherwise.  If there is no defau=
lt
> Value and no other Value is specified, then the Property shall be empty i=
> it is a string or list (contain no characters or Values), and be 0 if it =
is
> a number.  If those Values are not valid, and not default or other starti=
ng
not -> no
> Values are specified, the Action creating the Object fails.  All lists in
> this Rule are semicolon-deliniated.  A "P-Integer" is an Integer that may
> not be lower than 0.  "Real" means "Real Number" when it is stated as a
> Value Type.  If an Action would result in any Value being an invalid Valu=
e,
> that entire Action does not happen.
>=20
> A.1.
> Objects have the Property "Name", which is a string consisting of
> alphanumeric, whitespace, and non-semicolon, non-parentheses punctuation.
> Each object shall be referred to as either "<Name>", "The <Name>" or "The
> <Name> (Description to differentiate this Object from others with the sam=
> Name)", or by "<Nickname>".  All Objects are given a name upon creation.
> All Independent Entities choose their own Name upon creation; all other
> Objects are given their Name by definition. No Name can be equal to any
> Property or Value, except as specified by a Rule [[No superceding necessa=
ry,
> a Rule just has to specify otherwise]].
>=20
> Names are used for identification. Any similarity between the string of
> characters that constitute the name of an Object and a string of characte=
rs
> in the text of a Proposal, Rule, or Judgment shall have no impact on the
> implementation of that Proposal, Rule, or Judgment, unless the language o=
> the Proposal, Rule, or Judgment specifically indicates the string of
> characters is referring to an Object of that name. [[For example, "the
> player JohnDoe" or "the player named JohnDoe."]]
>=20
> A.2.
> Objects may have the Property "Nicknames", which is a semicolon-delimited
> list of strings consisting of alphanumeric, whitespace, and non-semicolon=
,
> non-parentheses punctuation characters, unless stated elsewhere that they
> may not.  All Nicknames must be unique among all possible Values for all
> possible Properties of all Possible Objects, as stated by the Rules.  A
> Nickname is added by any Independent Entity stating that e desires a
> Nickname for an Object [[emslef, player other than emself, a Gremlin...]]=
,
> and if in 7 ndays there are no objections by any Independent Entity, that
> Nickname is added to that Object's Nicknames, if it is legal according to
> the rest of this rule.  Nicknames may also be added by definition of an
> Object, in which place they are added immidiately.  Nicknames may be used=
 in
immidiately -> immediately
> [...]
>=20
> A.3.1
> [[This describes The Grid as of this writing, but can extend to other
> objects (more Grids, Tower of Babel...)]]
> "Physical Region" is a Type Value.  Any Object with this Type may contain
> Locations[[A location is an Object with a Type of Location, as defined in
> the next section]].  In the definition of a Physical Region, there should
> also be a definition of the Locations it (can) hold(s), and define how th=
ose
> Locations act.  Anything in such a definition supercedes anything it
> contradicts in this Rule.
>=20
> A.3.2
> "Location" is a Type Value.  A Location may contain Physical Objects  [[B=
> the referring convention in A.3,, this means any Object with the Type Val=
ue
> of "Physical Object"]].  A location may only contain Objects as defined b=
> its definition and other Rules.  Any amount of Locations may be "Declared
> One", in which case all such Locations declared together are considered t=
> be one region for all intents and purposes of the rules, and all objects =
in
> one of these Locations are in both.  The previous sentence supercedes all
> other rules that do not specifically supercede it.  [[This is so that the
> Location "Bottom Floor of Babel" is considered the same as "Grid Location
> (x,y)".]]  All Locations have the Properties "Substance" and "Previous
> Substance", which is a string.  Whenvever a Location "Gains a Substance",
> its Previous Substance becomes its Substance, and then its Substance beco=
mes
> the Gained Substance.  Whenvever a Location "Loses a Substance",  if its
> Substance is Equal to the Lost Substance, then its Substance and Previous
> Substance switch values.  [[Note that this switching could cause some fun=
ny
> things if multiple things tried to *temporarily* change a Location's
> Substance and change.]]  Locations also have the Property Engraving, whic=
> is a String.
>=20
> A.3.3
> "Physical Object" is a Type Value.  Physical Objects have the Property
> "Physical Description"  Physical Description is a
> comma-or-semicolon-deliniated list of alphanumeric Values.  A Physical
> Description Value may be used as an adjective in decribing a Physical Obj=
ect
> that has that Value.  Physical Objects also have the Property "Area", whi=
ch
> contains the Name of all Location(s) the Object is in, seperated by
> semicolons.  A Physical Object can only be in one Location at a time, unl=
ess
> those Locations are Declared One as a result of a Rule.

If a physical object can be in only one location, that means that if
DimSpace is defined to be a Physical Region, players could not occupy both =
DimSpace location and a GridSpace Location. That's bad.

> "Mobile" is a Physical Description Value.  If an Object is Mobile, then i=
> may take the Move Action [[It may move]].

Under the current ruleset, at least, these also need to be able to be the
target of an action which moves them (moves them from one square to a
consecutive one, that is) due to things such as PinBall Guns.

> "Can Carry" is a Physical Description Value.  If an Object Can Carry, the=
> it may take the Pick Up Action on any Object that is Carryable, and may t=
ake
> the Put Down action on Object it is Carrying.  Any Object that Can Carry
> also has the Property "Objects Carried", which contains a
> semicolon-deliniated list of all Objects carried by by that Object.  If 2=
 or
> more Values in this list are identical, and the Objects referred to by th=
ose
> names are identical, then those entries shall be combined into one entry,
> which be the orginal entry plus " (x)", where x is the number of entries
> combined.  For all applications, this new entry shall be treated as x
> entries, of the part without the " (x) including for comparison to other
> entries for combination, but these pseudoentries shall not be considered
> against one another[[to prevent an infinite loop of combination]].  Any t=
ime
> any of the objects referred to by this combined entry are no longer carri=
ed,
> x shall be reduced by the number of object no longer carried.

This means that if I carry two Earth Gnomes, then rather than "Earth Gnome;
Earth Gnome" it'll be "Earth Gnome (2)", right?

BTW, pluralize the last occurrence of 'objects'.

> "Carryable" is a Physical Description Value.  If an Object is Carryable,
> then it may be the target of a Pick Up Action.
> "Throwable" is a Physical Description Value.  If an Object is Throwable,
> then it may be Thrown [[The Throw Action may be taken with it]] by any
> Object that posesses it.
>=20
> "Impassable" is a Physical Description Value.  If an Object is Impassable=
,
> then another Physical Object may not take an Action that causes it to ent=
er
> the Location the Passable Object is in,  unless a rule specifies otherwis=
> [[All a rule has to do is "*specify* that the Action may be taken".  It d=
oes
> not have to state it supercedes this rule]].  If any Object enters a
> Location containing an an Impassable Object (An Object that does not have
> the Physical Description Value Passable), then the entering Object is Thr=
own
> Elbonia-Style at the Location it enters, unless specified otherwise in a
> Rule.

I think you mean 'impassable' on the third line there...

> "Football Player" is a Physical Type Value.  Only Mobile Independent
> Entities that Can Carry that are not already Football Players may become
> Football Players [[If someone gets turned into a Frog, they can still pla=
> if they already are, but can't join if they aren't playing already]].  Al=
> Football Players have the addtional Property "Team", which is a string th=
at
> equals either "Crimson" or "Turqouise".  Any Object meeting the
> qualifications to be a Football Player perfom the Join Football Team Acti=
on.
> [[Football is described elsewhere.]]
>=20
> "Quake Player" is a Physical Type Value.  Only Mobile Independent Entitie=
> that Can Carry that are not already Quake Players may become Quake Player=
s.
> [[Quake will be/is described elsewhere.  Until it is, Quake Player is
> meaningless.]]

I've been trying for a long time to come up with something to do with Quake=
.
Any ideas?

Nevermind, I've just had a few... Has anyone here ever played 'Worms'?

If you have, think about what might come of mixing a Sheep Gnome with a Bom=
Gnome...

> A.3.4
> "Entity" is a Type Value.  All Entities have the Property "Dependance",
> which can be either "Independent" or "Dependent".  Entities with the
> Depenance Value of Independent are "Independent Entities"; all Entities w=
ith
> the Depenance Value of Dependent are "Dependent Entities".  No action may=
,
> as a result, cause anything to happen or not happen as result of a Depend=
ent
> Entity performing an Action that it has not been granted the ability to
> take, or has no way to decide to take that Action. [[Since Gremlims canno=
> take the Action 'Post a message declining a society invitation in a publi=
> forum', the Action 'Invite Robin to the society House Grem' cannot be tak=
en.
> This should be covered in other rules, however, and is meant to catch
> accidents when an Entity forgets to be specific.]]  All Objects may be
> affected by Events, but may not initiate an Action unless they are Entiti=
es.
>=20
> A.3.5
> "Administrator" is a Type Value.  [[Administrator powers are described
> elsewhere.]]
>=20
> A.3.6
> "Player" is a Type Value.  [[Players are described elsewhere.]]
>=20
>=20
>=20
> A.4 All Objects have the Property "Status".  Status is a list of
> alphanumeric Status Values.  [[Status effects are described elsewhere.]]
>=20
>=20
> }}
> Create following Rule:
> {{__Players__
> A. Creation and Properties
> Upon creation, all Players are also Mobile Physical Objects that Can Carr=
y,
> and Independent Entities, and have the following Properties, set to the
> follwing inital values:
> Property         Type        Initial Value
> Score            P-Integer   0
> Wins             P-Integer   0
> BNS              P-Integer   500
> Charm            Integer     1
> Activity         Integer     1
> Respect          Integer     0
> Style            Integer     0
> Style Attributes String List
> Entropy          Real        0
> BAC              Integer     0
> Mischiviousness  Integer     0
> Titles           String List Newbie
> Nobility         Integer     1
> Diety            String

Nobility is still listed as a Dimension.

> B. Effects of Player Properties and Rule Governing Them

Rule -> Rules

> B.1.
> Any Entity may give any Entity that has a Score any amount of ier Score,
> unless the receiving Entity has refused such a a giving.

ier -> eir; a a -> a

> B.2.
> If a Player is "Awarded a Win", the following occur:
> The Rule {{ __No Win For You__ {* Win, 9 *}
> Wins may not be awarded.  This rule supercedes all other rules.}} is
> created.[[No vote necessary]].
> Score, BNS, Charm, Activity, Style, Entropy, BAC, and Mischiviousness are
> all set to their initial values for all Objects that have these Propertie=
s,
> as though these Objects had just been created.
> The player who was awarded the Win receives one point of Respect and one
> point of Wins.
> The effects listed in Rule 440 occur, as though Universal Entropy had
> exceeded Maximum Entropy.
> The Clock is turned Off until the Watch reads three wdays [[so we can hav=
e a
> bit of a breather]]
> If possible, play continues normally.

Take out the ClockStop. Please!

> B.3.
> An Entity's Charm increases by one whenever a proposal e has proposed
> passes. An Entity's Charm decreases by one whenever a proposal e has
> proposed fails.  [[Note Entity; this is so that if other Entity get the
> Respect Property, they are affected by this too.]]
>=20
> B.4.
> A Player's Activity increases by one at the end of an nweek if e voted on
> that nweek's Ballot; otherwise, unless the Player is on voluntary Leave, =
eir
> Activity decreases by one.
>=20
> B.5.
> If a Player's Respect exceeds all other Players' Respect by at least 5, t=
hat
> Player gains the title "Respected One". If at any time, the Respect of a
> player who has the title "Respected One" fails to meet the aforementioned
> condition, that player loses the title "Respected One".
>=20
> B.6.
> Once per nweek, a Player may spend eir Style Points to acquire Style
> Attributes from the Administrator.  The Administrator may give any Player
> any Style Attributes so purchased.  The Administrator may refuse to sell =
any
> Style Attributes e feels would disrupt the game, confuse any Entity, or
> modify any Object, Property, or Value other than the purchasing Player's
> Style and Style Attributes.  All Style Attributes are listed after the
> owning Player's Name on all offical rosters.  Style Attributes must be
> unique among all Objects, Properties, Values, and all such of the precedi=
ng
> that would be defined if any combination of current proposals passed,
> including the Style Attrbibutes of other Players.  Players may not use St=
yle
> to purchase attributes that alter or misrepresent the game state, or are =
in
> uniquely identifying use in the rule set.  [[e.g. one can't purchase "has
> 1200 points" as an attribute, since it misrepresents the game state.]]
> Style Attributes are for vanity purposes only.
>=20
> B.7. Entropy
> At the end of each nweek, each player's Entropy shall increase by an amou=
nt
> equal to the sum of the number of proposals e had on the ballot for that
> nweek which passed and 1/2 the number of game actions (movements, purchas=
es,
> throws, etc.)taken during that nweek.  This includes any Actions which
> otherwise have no effect on any Object, Property, or Value [[Such as "Orc=
 In
> a Spacesuit plays in the mud at ier position]]. [[See Game State for more=
 on
> Entropy]].
>=20
> B.8. BAC
> BAC may also be referred to as Blood Alcohol Content.
> Whenever a player drinks an alcoholic beverage, eir BAC increases by 1. A=
> the end of each nweek, the BAC of each player with a positive BAC decreas=
es
> by 1. If a player's BAC is greater than 5, e has the Status Inebriated.
> If, at the end of a voting period, a Player is Inebriated, e casts a rand=
om
> vote on (the player's BAC - 5) random ballot items, up to the amount of
> ballot items on that week's ballot. Said votes use up allowed votes of th=
at
> Player on those items, and cannot be overriden.
>=20
> B.9. Mischiviousness
> An Entity's Mischievousness increases by 1 whenever any of the following
> events happen:
> That Entity buys a Big Rock
> A Big Rock bought by that Entity Garths a Brook
> That Entity throws any Object
> An Object thrown by that Entity is targeted at another Entity [[Not playe=
> here, to allow proper results for vandalism :)]]
> Any other Entity loses points as a direct result of that Entity throwing =
an
> Object
> That Entity goes on Forced Leave
> That Entity Gives a player a Kick in the Ass
>=20
> An Entity's Mischievousness decreases by 3 whenever they perform one of t=
he
> following actions:
> That Entity becomes a Minister
> That Entity becomes the target of a Declaration of Respect
> That Entity Mentors a Newbie (Players only).
>=20
> B.10. Titles
> A Title may "Awarded by Condition" or "Awarded by Event".  If a Title is
add a 'be' --^--
> Awarded by Condition, then as long as any Player meets all the Conditions
> specified, then that Player has that Title, and loses that Title immidiat=
ely
immidiately -> immediately
> upon not meeting those conditions.  If a Title is Awarded by Event, then
> Players gain that Title whenever the Rules state they do, and keep them
> until another Event causes them to lose it.  [[The previous statement is
> redundant, but is included for extra clarity]].
>=20
> B.11. Nobility
> Each Player's Nobility is always equal to the number of Titles e has.

I see.

> B.12. Diety
> Diety is the Name of the Diety that that Entity follows.  An Entity may
> become a follower of a Diety as stated in the rules, or when conditions
> stated by a Player with the Title "Priest(ess) of X", where X is the Diet=
y's
> Name, are met.  Any Entity must choose to follow a Diety, in addition to =
any
> other conditions or rules, by stating eir desire to do so in a public for=
um,
> retraction between the statement and when e becomes a follwer.  Any Entit=
> may cease to follow a Diety by stating e does so in a public forum, or by
> follwing another Diety.  No Entity may follow more than one Diety at a ti=
me.

A divine being is a "deity". Diety means 'resembling a diet'.

> {{__Game State__
> The Object Game State exists, with the following Properties: Name, Types,
> Status, nday, nweek, nyear, wday, wweek, wyear, Universal Entropy, Maximu=
> Entropy.

So thing such as the existance of players and other objects are not part of
the GameState?

> [...]
es
> plus the Entropy of all Ancient Monoliths. If Universal Entropy is ever
> greater than Maximum Entropy, the Clock will be turned off until the Watc=
> reads 3 wdays, and the following actions will occur in order immediately:
>=20
> * All Players and Ancient Monoliths are placed into Limbo. [[Ancient
> Monoliths too, so that the later Fire doesn't make everything go nuts]].
> * All sirens, big rocks, big sticks, shields, balls of wax are destroyed.
> * All Gnomes not in Gnome bags are destroyed.
> * The Weather is updated
> * The Yeti is moved to a random square on the grid.
> * All Gremlins go into Hiding.
> * The Football is moved to a random square as if a touchdown had been
> scored.
> * In Rule 394, section A.2, the numbers 1 and 20 are switched. [[swap
> endzones!]]
> * All Insta-Rules are destroyed.
> * Four Insta-Rules are enacted:
> {It is illegal to enter or remain in (10,10) without bouncing Elbonia-sty=
le}
> {It is illegal to enter or remain in (10,11) without bouncing Elbonia-sty=
le}
> {It is illegal to enter or remain in (11,11) without bouncing Elbonia-sty=
le}
> {It is illegal to enter or remain in (11,10) without bouncing Elbonia-sty=
le}
> * All Locations contained in The Grid gain the substance Fire.
> * All players receive 10 points.
> * All players' Entropy values are set to 0.
>=20
> At the end of the nweek in which the above occurs, all The Grid locations=
 ,
> 5 random squares become Mud, the Big Stick is placed on a random square, =
and
> all Ancient Monoliths are placed in random empty locations on The Grid.
>=20
> If a player's Entropy exceeds ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)) / 2 , =
all
> eir messages posted to the public forum must consist of words of three or
> fewer syllables. If a player's Entropy exceeds (((Maximum Entropy) / (# o=
> players)) / 4) * 3 , all eir messages posted to the public forum must
> consist of words of two or fewer syllables. If a player's Entropy exceeds
> ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)), all eir messages posted to the publ=
ic
> forum must consist of words of one syllable. Comprehensible abbreviations
> and acronyms defined in the game rules are acceptable in order to comply
> with this. Also exempt are: numbers, typing symbols, quotes from current
> rules or other public forum msgs. (though not one's own msgs.), and
> comments.  Any posts breaking this Rule are nnt considered posts for the
> purpose of any Rule [[meaning that any actions/proposals made are ignored=
]].

nnt -> not
Be sure to remove that last paragraph if I successfully repeal the current
one.

> {{__Actions__
> Preamble: This rule defers to all other rules except __Objects__, except
> when specified otherwise.
>=20
> A. Definition
> Entities may take Actions permitted them in the Rules.  No non-Entity Obj=
ect
> may take Actions.  Actions are not Objects.
>=20
> A.1. Effects of all Actions
> Whenever an Entity takes a non-proposal Action, if it has the Property
> Entropy, it's Entropy shall increase by .5.  If this equal increase is
> stated elsewhere in the rules, and is not stated to be a different increa=
se,
> then both increases shall be considered one, and eir Entropy shall increa=
se
> only by for both increases.  This section defers to all other rules and
> sections of rules, except as specified otherwise.

only by for both increases? Not sure what you want to say there...

> B. Restriction
> Any Action defined or referenced in any rule is a Restricted Action.
> Restricted Actions may only be taken when specifically permitted by the
> Rules.  Any Action which is not Restricted is Unrestricted.  Unrestricted
> Actions may be taken by any Entity at any time.  Unrestricted Actions do =
not
> change any Object, Property, or Value, including Rules and Proposals, and=
 do
> not affect the game in any way, except as follows:
> Unrestricted Actions cause the normal change in Entropy, if applicable.

What is considered to be an Unrestricted Action? You've never actually
defined Action - does my raising my hand count as an 'Action'? How about if
I pick my nose, or take my yearly bath?

> Unrestricted Actions are part of posts in Public Forums, and may cause
> events related to posts, but not the actual content of the Unrestricted
> Action

Ah, so it has to be in a post. Still, does, for example, the post itself
count as an Action?

> Unrestricted Actions may be processed by and may affect the judgement of
> Independent Entities.  Note that this processing and affection of judgeme=
nt
> are completly beyond the control of the Action (ie, an Unrestricted Actio=
ns
> can't say "Wonko decides to vote 'no' on all ballots this week" and make =
it
> so; however, as a result of processing an Action, may decide so of ier ow=
> free will).

completly -> completely; ier -> eir; You've used 'this' in front of
something you later used 'are' for (processing and affection of judgement) =
-
is it singular or plural?
Judgement is actually spelt Judgment

> C. Performance of Actions
> An Action is attempted by either a Rule saying an Entity does it, or by a=
> Entity stating that e does it in a Public Forum.  Actions may only be tak=
en
> while The Clock is On.

So, for example, the admin could not end a Road Trip while the Clock was
Off, because that would be an action?

> If any Action cannot be completed in part, then the entire Action fails, =
and
> does not happen.  The only Event that happens is that the Acting Entity
> tried to perform the Action; The Action does not happen.  Valid Targets m=
ust
> be specifiedIf there is no valid Targets for an action (if that action ha=
> targets), then the Action fails.

specifiedIf -> specified; If

> D. List of Restricted Actions
> The following Actions are Restricted.  Parentheses seperate parts of a
> senctence in this section, and are used for clarity.  Other Restricted
> Actions may be defined elsewhere.  If any Action listed in this Rule is
> defined in another Rule, this definition supercedes the other, unless suc=
> definition's intent is to define additional effects or qualifications of =
the
> Action, in which case the Effects defined at both are true, unless such
> truth would directly result in a paradox or is impossible, in which the
> definition not listed here is entirely null and void.  This section up to
> this point takes precedence over all other Rules and parts of them, excep=
> when specified otherwise.  Notes are addtional Rules.  Wording is an
> alternate way to state an action, and may be adjusted for proper grammar.
> In Wording, '<>' are used to deliniate either Values or plain English tex=
t,
> and may include names and pronouns
>=20
> Action: Move
> Reference to Acting Entity: Moving Entity
> Qualifications:  Any Physical Mobile Entity
> Target A: An Adjacent Location that (does not have an Immovable Object in=
 it
> AND (if the Moving Object is a Player, does not have a Player in it)).
> Effects: The Moving Entity's Location changes to Target A.
> Wording: <Moving Entity> Move(s) to <Target A>.

You mean (does not have an Impassable Object in it). You do that later, too=
.
Also, what about the 'no climbing' rule - you can't move to a square whose
depth is less than yours by more than 4 units.

> Action: Jump
> Reference to Acting Entity: Jumping Entity
> Qualifications:  No Entities at this time. [[Must be a Physical Entity]]
> Target A: A Location Adjacent to (a Location Adjacent to (the current
> Location of the Jumping Entity)) that (does not have an Immovable Object =
in
> it AND (if the Moving Object is a Player, does not have a Player in it)).
> Effects: The Moving Entity's Location changes to Target A.
> Wording: <Moving Entity> Jumps to <Target A>.

How does this differ from Move?

> Action: Throw
> Reference to Acting Entity: Throwing Entity
> Qualifications:  Any Physical Entity that Can Carry and is in a Region
> Target A: A Throwable Object in the Possession of the Throwing Entity
> Target B: Any Location in the same Region as the Throwing Entity [[So no
> throwing in Limbo, as it is in no Region]].  May not be the Location of t=
he
> Throwing Entity.
> Effects: Target A's Location becomes empty (is in no Location, and ceases=
> be in the possesion of the Throwing Entity).  Target A gains the Status
> "Airborne" for 2 ndays.  At the end of the two ndays, the following occur=
s:
> *If Target B contains an Impassable object, Target A is placed in a rando=
> one of (the closest  (locations (that match the conditons to be a Target =
> that do not contain any Impassable Objects) in the same Region as Target =
B)
> to Target B).  If no such Location exists, then Target A is moved to Targ=
et
> B, and The Gods of Incomplete Virtual Physics take the Crash Action on
> Target A.
> *If Target B contains a Player, and that Player has declared e will take =
the
> Catch Action on Target A, then that Player Catches Target A.  [[Note that
> failure of this rule-dictated Catch means that the catch had never
> happened.]]
> *If Target B contains a Player, and that Player has declared e will take =
the
> Dodge Matrix Style Action on Target A, then Target B is changed to a rand=
om
> element of (Target B and Locations adjacent to Target B), and all the
> actions stated here are re-evaluated with the new Target B.  *If there ar=
> no such valid Locations, or if any Throw Action results in any Location
> being Target B twice, then instead any other actions stated here, Target =
> is immidiately moved to Target B.
> *If Target B contains a player, and that does not Catch or Dodge Matrix
> Style Target A, (through non-declaration or failure), then e is hit by th=
> object, losing 1d4 points to the player who threw the object, if one exis=
ts,
> or to the Gremlin Fund, if not.
> *If the square does not contain a player or an impassable object, the obj=
ect
> moves to the square.
> Notes: In lieu of stating a Location for Target B, the Throwing Entity ma=
> state a Player in a Location that is a valid Target B; in that case, the
> Target B for this Action becomes the Location of the stated Player [[note
> that this can't be the Throwing Entity, as e is in an invalid Location B]=
].
> Wording: <Throwing Entity> Throws <Target A> {at|to} <Target B>.

Matrix Dodging is all-new, isn't it?

> Action: Launch
> Reference to Acting Entity: Launching Entity
> Qualifications:  Any Physical Entity that Can Carry and is in a Region
> Target A: A Throwable Object in the Possession of the Throwing Entity
> Effects: Target A's Location becomes empty (is in no Location, and ceases=
> be in the possesion of the Throwing Entity).  Target A gains the Status
> "Airborne" for 3 ndays.  When Target A is no longer Airborne, the effect
> listed under "Throw" in this rule occur, as if Target A in this Action wa=
> the Target A in that Action, and had been Thrown 2 ndays ago, with Target=
> any Location in the same Region as the Launching Entity was when e perfor=
med
> this Launch.
> Wording: <Launching Entity> Launches <Target A>.

So, same as Throw, but 1 nday longer? Why not just allow Throwing things to
specify a time?

> [...]
ty.
> Also known as the Receiving Entity.
> Effects.  All of Target A are transferred to Target B.
> Wording: <Giving Entity> Launches <Target A>.
>=20
> Action: Refuse
> Reference to Acting Entity: Refusing Entity
> Qualifications: Any Entity
> Effect: When Refusing Entity takes this Action, e also specifies conditio=
ns
> (such a Player giving, amount given, time, whatever).  If the Refusing
> Entity is the target of a Give Action, and the specified conditions are m=
et,
> the Give fails.
> Wording: <Refusing Entity> Refuses to be given (<Objects>) when <Conditio=
ns>
> are met.
>=20
> Action: Exchange
> Reference: Exchanging Entitiy
> Qualifications: Any Entity
> Target A: Target A of the conditional Give
> Target B: Target B of the conditional Give
> Effects: Exchange is a conditional Give, which occurs if and only if two
> Entities agree to the Exchange and perform the Exchange.  Usual condition=
> required to agree include the specifications of the conditional Give the
> other Entity must perform.  Other conditions may be added, such as the
> Target B be a certain Player or hold the Immunity Idol.  To state that an
> Entity will Sell or Buy something for a Price means that the Entity stati=
ng
> so is stating that e will perform an Exchange with Target A of ier Give
> being the something, and the Give of the other Exchanging Entity must hav=
e a
> Target A of the Price.  When such occurs, one entity, the one saying e wi=
ll
> Sell, may be referred to the Selling Entity, and the other, the Buying
> Entity.  If either Give Action does not occur or fails, then both Give
> Actions and both Exchange Actions fail completly.
> Wording: <Exchanging Entity> Exchanges eir <Target A> for the <Target A o=
> Target B's Give> of <Target B> (with <conditions>).  An entity may also
> state "I will sell my <Target A> for <Target B's Target A>", or something=
> that extent or equivelence to state a Buy or Sell.
> Notes: Any reference to a Buy or Sell action in any rule or proposal exce=
pt
> this one refers to an Exchange action with the qualities state above, unl=
ess
> specifically stated otherwise.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> }}
> {{__Events__
> Events are things that happen.  The following are events:
> Any Object is created, modified or destroyed (including rules and proposa=
You'll probably want a closing }} here...

Other than that, I like it. Good Job.

--=20
Wonko