[Bnomic-private] Judgement on CFI 977

Joshua Caudle squire_of_dimness@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:51:22 -0500

>On 9/6/02 at 2:25 AM Joshua Caudle wrote:
>
>>I judge False on CFI 977.
>>
>>Analysis:  In part A Orc attempts to resaon that because f the inclusivity
>>of the language provided by rule 503,  rule 636 has no application,
>>however,
>>rule 33 states "each rule has an attribute called Chutzpah, which is a
>>positive integer, in the event of a conflict between two or more rules,
the
>>tiule with the highest Chutzpah takes precedence." therefore since  rule
>>636
>>has a chutzpah of 2 and rule 503 only has a chutzpah of 1. it is illegal
>>remove from players items in eir possession. this therefore makes all
other
>>parts of said arguement moot.
>>
>>However:
>>I myself am placing a call for inquiry on this same action.
>>
>>Statement: Any player according to the rulset as of nweek 22 nday 5 may
>>drink a glass of Champagne by simply announcing that the action in taking
>>place in a public forum. if no particular glass is stated in said
>>proclamation, the admistrator must choose an otherwise unclaimed glasss of
>>Champagne for the player to drink. If no such glasses exist the
>>administrator must create said glass.
>>
>>Argument:
>>Rule 503 in nweek 22 does not state that a glass must be in a player's
>>possesion inorder for the player to drink said glass. However since Rule
>>636
>>has greater Chutzpah athan Rule 503 the glass cannot be in the possession
>>of
>>another player. Therefore it si the duty of the administrator to select a
>>legal glass for consumption as stated in Rule 25. If no appropiate glasses
>>are currently available, Rule 25 would also plae the onus of creating said
>>glass on the administrator.
>
>This was handled by an earlier CFI.

hey you have to remember I haven't been here that long and there's no cfi's
even remotely pertaining to this quiestion currently in the DB I did the
research  and this seems to go along with the ruleset.

>Since a glass of champagne is an alcoholic beverage, and since there is a
rule providing >for the creation of generic alcoholic beverages, the
creation of glasses of champagne is >regulated.  Since it is regulated,
there can be no not-explicitly-rule-stated procedure >for the creation of a
glass of champagne.

unfortunately after scanning the current ruleset for all rules regarding
alcoholic beverages, including the gnome rules each rule containing
information about alcoholic beverages states informaiton about specific
alcoholic beverages except fotr the effects of intoxication rule whihc
simply gives you the specifics of  how BAC works. all other beverage rules
state the the drink must be in the possesion of hte player in order to be
drank. and under the permissibility of the unprohibited rule this would mean
that since it is not specifically profhibited by the rules, it is therefore
permissable. and if I'm wrong please pouint me in the correct direction...

>Rule 25 doesn't apply in this case.  The creation of a glass of champagne
isn't a duty >not assigned  to other players.  It's a gamestate change, and
that's managed by the >administrator already.

even if it is a change in gamestate, all rules regarding gamestate do not
otherwise prohibitthe admin form changing hte gamestate in said manner
thusly under hte permissibility of the unprohibited rule stands.

>How many times are we gonna spank this puppy?

as long as it takes to get the point across so that the loophole can be
recognisedand dealt wiht appropriately.

-Squire
*feeling generally defiant*