[Bnomic-private] Judgement on CFI 977

Glotmorf glotmorf@earthlink.net
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:13:06 -0400

On 9/6/02 at 11:51 AM Joshua Caudle wrote:

>>On 9/6/02 at 2:25 AM Joshua Caudle wrote:
>>
>>>I judge False on CFI 977.
>>>
>>>Analysis:  In part A Orc attempts to resaon that because f the
>inclusivity
>>>of the language provided by rule 503,  rule 636 has no application,
>>>however,
>>>rule 33 states "each rule has an attribute called Chutzpah, which is a
>>>positive integer, in the event of a conflict between two or more rules,
>the
>>>tiule with the highest Chutzpah takes precedence." therefore since  rule
>>>636
>>>has a chutzpah of 2 and rule 503 only has a chutzpah of 1. it is illegal
>>>remove from players items in eir possession. this therefore makes all
>other
>>>parts of said arguement moot.
>>>
>>>However:
>>>I myself am placing a call for inquiry on this same action.
>>>
>>>Statement: Any player according to the rulset as of nweek 22 nday 5 may
>>>drink a glass of Champagne by simply announcing that the action in=
 taking
>>>place in a public forum. if no particular glass is stated in said
>>>proclamation, the admistrator must choose an otherwise unclaimed glasss
>of
>>>Champagne for the player to drink. If no such glasses exist the
>>>administrator must create said glass.
>>>
>>>Argument:
>>>Rule 503 in nweek 22 does not state that a glass must be in a player's
>>>possesion inorder for the player to drink said glass. However since Rule
>>>636
>>>has greater Chutzpah athan Rule 503 the glass cannot be in the=
 possession
>>>of
>>>another player. Therefore it si the duty of the administrator to select=
>>>legal glass for consumption as stated in Rule 25. If no appropiate
>glasses
>>>are currently available, Rule 25 would also plae the onus of creating
>said
>>>glass on the administrator.
>>
>>This was handled by an earlier CFI.
>
>hey you have to remember I haven't been here that long and there's no=
 cfi's
>even remotely pertaining to this quiestion currently in the DB I did the
>research  and this seems to go along with the ruleset.
>
>>Since a glass of champagne is an alcoholic beverage, and since there is a
>rule providing >for the creation of generic alcoholic beverages, the
>creation of glasses of champagne is >regulated.  Since it is regulated,
>there can be no not-explicitly-rule-stated procedure >for the creation of=
>glass of champagne.
>
>unfortunately after scanning the current ruleset for all rules regarding
>alcoholic beverages, including the gnome rules each rule containing
>information about alcoholic beverages states informaiton about specific
>alcoholic beverages except fotr the effects of intoxication rule whihc
> [...]

Rule 502:

"The first nday of each nyear is New nYear's nDay. To mark the New nYear=
 each player may post a message in a public forum requesting one alcoholic=
 beverage of their choice. E then receive one unit of this beverage, which=
 must be rule defined, regardless of any restrictions other rules may=
 specify on the creation of such items. A player may only request their=
 free alcoholic beverage during the first nweek of the nyear."

It ain't much, but it does allow for the creation of generic alcoholic=
 beverages.  Which means if there isn't a place in the rules that says=
 specifically how one can acquire, for example, a Mike's Hard Lemonade,=
 even though there's rules for what one does if it's consumed, then=
 creation of Mike's Hard Lemonade is still regulated: you can only get them=
 once a nyear.

Aside from that, there's now Rule 441.B.20, Champagne Gnomes, which says=
 glasses of champagne can be created by squeezing the appropriate gnome.=
  This is actually more recent than r502; r502 was the basis for the=
 judgment on the original CFI.  Either way, the creation of glasses of=
 champagne is regulated, and therefore not permitted as an ad-hoc event=
 under r18.

						Glotmorf