[Bnomic-private] Re: State of Emergency

Glotmorf bnomic-private@ysolde.ucam.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:10:22 -0500

On 17 Dec 2003 at 22:08, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> Athena's Society does not have the power to enforce its Tontine
> regulations - a player on the verge of Garbage Collection must be On
> Leave, and On Leave players may not take actions. Which is probably not
> a good thing, as coming On Leave is an action.

Interestingly, Athena's Society's charter was considered to
have had the power to enforce its Tontine on Orc in a
Spacesuit; eir points got transferred to the remaining members
just before e got GCed, and that was sufficiently long ago
that it's now a legal action.

Interestingly, r205, in the most recent form I have on file
(205/5), says a player comes Off Leave when e performs an
action.  It then goes on to say that while a player is On
Leave, e cannot perform actions.  If we were to look at the
combination of these two, one might interpret it to say that
any actual action a player performs must be while Off Leave,
and if e happens to be On Leave at the time that's assumed to
end as soon as the action is performed.

In which case, Mr. in a Spacesuit's compulsory action of
yielding all eir points to eir fellow Athenians should have
taken em Off Leave, at which point e'd be GCed three nweeks
later instead.

Still works, though.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower